Leaders need to manage energy in and energy out. We spend a lot of fuel so it is always good to identify refueling. Loved these gems from Leadership Freak. Some refueling tips sound a lot like yesterday’s de-stressers.
- Stop trying to control others. Few things drain energy more than trying to make others do things they don’t want to do. Align don’t force.
- Listen without solving.
- Live your life, not the life others want you to live.
- Create predictability with useful systems.
- Complete tasks. Long-term projects are like Chinese water torture. Break them down. Create a series of completion points.
- Take slow walks. They don’t need to be long, just slow. Tip: Try whistling.
- Go to bed!
- Hold your head up and breathe deep.
- Let small stuff be small.
- Do more of what you love. Off-set energy draining activities with energy giving activities. You completed three energy drainers, go find vitality. I love being with people. Grabbing a coffee refuels my tank.
- Eliminate clutter.
Can you think of other refueling tips?